The Human Camera Blog

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Visit to the Packard Plant (Part 2)

To those who have been asking about how I am settling in Detroit - thanks for the concern and care! I really appreciate it. The last week in Detroit has been quite fantastic, the weather was good (lots of sunny days and I was told Melbourne's weather is terribly cold at the moment), the area I live in is really scenic & beautiful, and the people at work are such a wonderful happy bunch! 


So what has settling in got to do with the Packard Plant tour? 


Heaps... first of all, all those reputation that Detroit has aren't necessarily true. I mean, I am not saying that there is no crime or even low crime ... but hey, not everyone is a monster here who is bent on mugging you for every last dollar you have. In fact, I think an over-whelming majority of the folks here are really quite decent! And yes, the city needs to clean up some of the places around town, eg. Packard Plant! 


... in a strange and unique way, I am definitely learning to appreciate things I see around me in the city of Detroit. I know many will say it's too early... but I can already visualise myself living in this place for the next 2 years! I think this is a good statement to make when you are trying to settle in a foreign land. I will be visiting the Russell Bazaar and Slows BBQ this weekend! Until then... enjoy the photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment on the post.