The Human Camera Blog

Saturday 3 March 2012

My first week in Troy... just a little slice.

Ok, after two months of waiting, I have finally arrived in Troy, MI. Having the lake just at my doorstep makes me wish that summer has come already... yes, it is a milder winter and yes, I appreciate that. But seeing the sun and the lake from my windows makes me want to run straight out and jump into the pool! But before I let my urge to swim get the better of me... I am reminded that it's 2 degree celsius out there. Better stay indoor! I wish the lake and the sun would stop tempting me.




Now, regarding my culinary skills... (or lack of) I am surprised at how easy it is to whip up a meal by "dumping" everything into the slow cooker and let the cooker do the job. Almost hassle-free and great results! yummy... I can't wait to dig into the juicy piece of stew beef cooked in the slow cooker for 6 hours. The meat just simply melts in your mouth! Oh... and the gravity is oozing out.... messy :)




Well, this weekend I have decided that I will "roam" around the Troy vicinity. First, to get acquainted with my new found home... secondly, to see what's nice out there. Today I visited the Truy Trang Vietnamese restaurant (in Madison Heights) and tried their famous "Pho". It's surprisingly nice - not as great as those that you'll find in Springvale (Melbourne) but it is very decent. Favours were spot-on... the only bit of complain is with the rice noodle. They use a thinner rice noodle compared to Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne. I prefer the thicker variety. I saw the next table ordered deep fried springrolls... they looked good! I think I know what i will order next time I visit the place...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment on the post.