The Human Camera Blog

Saturday 10 March 2012

SLOWS BBQ - the best BBQ in the world!

Oh yes! This place got it "down"! ... I think this is how the locals put it. I first heard about Slows from a colleague who rave about this place having the best BBQ ribs in US. "That's a big call..." I said. "Try it, and you'll see..." she replied.


And so this venture began... 


So here's my experience. On arriving at Slows... the first thing I've noticed is that this place is packed. Truly. I was not expecting this turn-out in Detroit on a weekend. Clearly the food must be worth the while for many. That is a good start, I thought... well, the "crowd" factor is always an important & unbiased gauge on the quality of food. After waiting for about 20mins, it was finally our turn to get seated... we sat right next to the window, overlooking the Detroit Train Station. 



I chose "Your Choice" which is a half slab of St Louis ribs and "pulled pork". Pulled pork? I have no idea what's that... it seem very popular and so I went with it. The meal also came with 2 sides... all for about $19. 



When the food arrived... my first reaction was to examine the "pulled pork"... it looked like pieces pulled from a piece of pork... no wonder the name! ... ok, the best part was when I sink my teeth into the pulled pork!!! It was flavoured... soft and moist! It almost melts away in your mouth... the apple sauce provided by the restaurant is a perfect match for the pulled pork! AWESOME! Honestly, the best part about the dish is how moist and soft the meat was... there was also a subtle taste of herbs which complemented the flavour of the pork.




So... I am a convert... I don't think I have tried a better BBQ in the States than Slows! It certainly lived up to the hype! I will definitely try it again! without hesitation... The meal came up to $23!



1 comment:

Leave a comment on the post.