The Human Camera Blog

Saturday 17 March 2012

The Henry Ford Museum - it's actually not too bad

OK... I will start this post by stating that contrary to the going stereotype of people who work in automotive company - I AM NOT A "CAR-NUT". While I think the perceptive that most people who work in automotive companies are car cut is not unfounded... I am not one of those. In fact, I couldn't be bothered about the difference driving a V6 or V8 car - I am ashamed to say, they feel and accelerate just the same. :)


Also, I am not the "cultured" type that likes to go check out the latest exhibits in Museums... whether it's Renaissance or modern art makes no real difference to me. Rembrant or Monet ... I can't tell them apart... So there you go. In short, you'll probably not find me in a Automotive Museum, as I have little interest in both.


Well... I never thought I'd say this, the Henry Ford Museum is actually not too bad! Nevermind it's located in Dearborne and about 25 mins drive from my place... I actually did enough the trip and the exhibits. The museum opens from 9am to 5pm everyday - admission to the Museum is $17... but you have to pay $5 for carparking as well! I particularly enjoyed the "Heros in the Sky" exhibits. 


So here's the good and bad about this museum... 


Goods:


1. Heros in the Sky exhibit
2. Exhibits are well organised and spaced out
3. Texaco exhibits is very cool & good for photography
4. Lots of carpark lots available
5. Good write up on the history of automotive industry in America


Bads:


1. Slightly expensive - entrance fee is $17 + $5 for carparking
2. Overly "Ford" focus... for someone who works in General Motors
3. Greenfield Village is under renovation


Here are the photos...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment on the post.